Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy 50th Old Boy!!!


So, we surprised him!!!! Yes, that is the best part of the whole deal - we actually surprised him! For those of you who don't know, Arb turned the BIG 50 today. But a little over a week ago, we surprised him with a party. He thought we were getting together for our families Thanksgiving dinner, which we did do. But the real reason for the celebration was Arb. Many friends and family joined to help us pull this off. Special thanks go to "the boys" for helping keep Arb entertained. Special, special thanks go to Wayne for leading Arb on a goosechase. (I luv ya honey).
Even though our kids spoke frequently of Uncle Bob's party......he didn't know.
Even though Brittany announced that the broom would be her dance partner at the dance....he still didn't know.
Even after he pulled up next to the band's vehicles parked in back......he still didn't know.
And it was worth it.......because his reaction was priceless!
I know that he is a bit embarassed because he got a little choked up - but watching him get emotional over his party, still gets me emotional when I think about it.
Who can beat Uncle Bob? No one! No one can hunt raspberries like Uncle Bob. No one takes care of kitties like Uncle Bob. No one likes to go fishin' like Uncle Bob. Nobody dances like Uncle Bob. What would we do without him? We love you Arb - and want you to always know just how much you are loved and needed. You have and will always have a special place in each of our hearts. Not many days go by that your name is not mentioned in our home. Thanks for being the great Uncle Bob that you are! You are always much more fun and patient than us moms and dads. Happy 50th Arb! We love you!!!!!


Arb's fave!! Borderline was there and we danced our little legs off - and we ate a lot too!!! Thanks to everyone who brought yummy food!



Just a few of the party goers. We figure approximately 150 people attended the big night!


The high-flyers of the party! They got the front row seats for the big surprise!



Just some fun pics from the weekend. We rented the old Piute Courthouse for the weekend. It was alot of fun too. We want to go back when we can relax a little more. We highly recommend this place. It's really cool inside and it was alot of fun having most of our family stay under 1 roof together. Even mom and dad stayed in the courthouse. When Kym asked Dad if he ever thought that he'd spend a night in the courthouse, he said, "Well, I thought once or twice maybe in the jail, but not like this."


Yes, this is Karter Code playing his DS under the hammock!




7 comments:

laceeJ said...

How FUN! Bummed we missed out! My mom was planning on going, but at th last minute she didn't feel good enough to drive...dizzy.Happy birthday ARB!

gleave said...

I SO SO SO SO SO wish that we could have been there!!! I miss the family, and you know how we all hate to miss parties and dances! HAHA!

Frischknecht Family said...

I know I can't believe I almost blew it lol me and my broom danced ourselves right back into the safe for a while I'm such a dork sometimes...anyways

jenkinsfamily-love said...

What a fun night. Thanks for all of your hard work. You did a great job

Lynn and Priscilla's family said...

I saw Brittany in KMart the other day and she told me about the party. How fun! I've always thought Arby was just a big teddy bear, he's always taking care of everyone - he deserved such a great surprise! You guys are awesome for pulling it off!

Toones in a Bucket said...

I LOVE seeing the Gleaves in action. That's just what I needed today! Arby looks really good. Are you in a house now or what?

Frischknecht Family said...

cute background How was your trip to Salt Lake??

Blog Archive