Saturday, April 25, 2009

Birthday Hangover

   IMG_7309

So, I feel like I have a birthday hangover!  Too much SUGAR, too much CRAZINESS, and too LITTLE sleep.  We had fun though – if you couldn’t tell by her cheeser grins.  She is a spoiled girl, no doubt about it.  I asked her if she felt older and at first, she said yes.  But she couldn’t really say how she felt older.  When I asked her what was different about being 6, she said, “That I want to be 7.”  I guess we are never happy!

IMG_7270     So, I’m a little crazy, I know, I know -  but I like birthdays - So, I tend to over think  things just a bit.  Therefore, we started the day off with a candle-topped egg sandwich.  My kids are eggheads and they love them.  She was thrilled.  This is the 2nd year we’ve done this.  Maybe it’s tradition now?  Yes, it’s a tradition…….maybe that makes me sound less crazy!

IMG_7271IMG_7272IMG_7275IMG_7277

Then we went to Jaxee’s Kindergarten class and had cupcakes and juice with her class. 

IMG_7283IMG_7284

Jaxlen with her good friend and classmate Nora

IMG_7287

After school, we kidnapped Jaxlen and took her to a local “malt- shoppe-type” place to eat.  It’s called Marion’s.  She had a chocolate ice cream soda and you guessed it……..an egg sandwich with pickles. 

     IMG_7288

We watched the neighbor boy, Robert for a bit while his mom worked.  Jax got to open her first present then.  You will see from the following pics what she received.  She loved it!

  IMG_7291IMG_7292

She got the Sing It Wii game and a Hannah Montanna dress up outfit.  She goes in her room and comes out in this.

IMG_7294IMG_7295IMG_7297

Needless, to say…….she can walk better in these things than I can.

IMG_7298

I know, I know……….Hannah Montanna!!!!  I keep thinking she is going to grow out of this faze.  But, she still loves her, so I endure. 

However, she has been telling her friends that her name is not going to be Hannah Montanna when she grows up.  It’s going to be Hannah Strait.  Apparently, I must be doing something right?

IMG_7313 IMG_7303IMG_7305IMG_7307

Then, Uncle Rob’s family came over and we had a pizza party, opened presents and went to the movie Monsters vs. Aliens.  It was an okay movie and the kids seemed to like it.  Jax received lots of fun gifts from everyone, including an ipod and a Hannah Montanna DS game and doll.  But most of all she got lots of fun memories with her cousins, who after the movie, had a slumber party with us.  We thank them so much for coming and staying with us!

IMG_7314 Brax & Stets

 

We went for a walk and went to a spot up the road where there’s a little creek and a big culvert.  We had lots of fun throwing rocks and getting muddy.IMG_7315  IMG_7317 IMG_7318 IMG_7319    IMG_7323 

Jayden, Braxton, Stetsyn, Jordan, & Jaxlen

IMG_7325   

Happy Birthday Jax!!!

I’m glad birthdays are done for awhile!  YIPEE!!!!!!                        

1 comment:

laceeJ said...

egg sandwiches...YUM! Hannah Straight....YES! Happy Birthday!

Blog Archive