Wednesday, October 14, 2009

This Ones For You Kym

So, I have been very relaxed in the blogging world lately. But, I need to do better. This is
supposed to be part of my family journal! Show's how well I'm doing at that, right? So, not that I think any of you are dying to know what's up with me and my crew - I am still going to share with you all anyhow. Be prepared, it's catch up time!!!

A very awesome brother-in-law sent me this picture of my dad's named carved in a tree. He found it south of Panguitch while he was hunting. I liked it alot! Thanks Neil!










So,

speaking of Dad, he turned 4. Yes, he's growing hair and he's reversing in years. We are going to be rich! No, the #4 candle was all I had when Kym, Kaelyn, and Arb brought Mom and Dad out to see my house and where I live. Dad actually turned 85 on the 10th - WOW!!!! So, we decided to celebrate a little early. I love him so much. I am so grateful that he is still here. I loved that he got to see where I am settled. I still yearn for his approval. When he told me that I had a nice home, a nice husband, and nice kids, my heart beamed. Thank you to my awesome siblings who brought them out here. It wasn't easy, but thank you, thank you, thank you! It meant a lot to me.






















Jax loves brushing hair. She loved having grandpa and grandma here. Wish they could have stayed longer. She was very excited to show them her room, her playset and all of her stuff.





We visited Mount Rushmore, or Mountain Rushmore as Stetsyn calls it. We went to North Dakota on the truck with Wayne to deliver a load that he had, and on the way back, we dropped down into South Dakota to see this awesome sight. Wayne had been before, but I hadn't, so it was pretty great. My kids liked it a lot more than I thought they would. It's crazy! I always think that I will go on the truck to visit these places, then I won't have to go back. Problem is, I always find stuff that I want to go back for. This area was very pretty, especially since the fall colors were starting to come out. We were in awe that people did this. I would have been too scared to hang down the mountain on cables. Very awesome!!! No magnificent!





















This is the Crazy Horse Monument that isn't finished yet. We only viewed this from the road, but it was pretty cool too.






We've made vegetable things. This totally reminded me of Mr. Tomato Man from back in the day at the Dog. I have a picture of him somewhere. But anyhow, Jax had to make a bug out of edible items. So of course, since she loves butterflies - her choice was a butterfly. Stetsyn made his all by himself. His is a spider. He was VERY VERY proud of himself. I LOVE this smile!







Jax did get a little help from me, but her eyes and the grapes were all her own idea. She put on all the colorful fruit snacks on the wings too. We had a lot of fun doing this together and it really entertained us all for like 3 hours. Her teacher told her that it was great!




















We grew really long tongues. Don't know what happened, maybe it's something that's going around.


We've hunted, and hunted, and hunted. But yet we still didn't get anything. I think it's going to take us awhile to get used to hunting up here. We need to do some more investigating to get used to the area. But we had fun trying. That's the point, right???






























Boy, I love this guy. So grateful that he came into my life when he did. And that I was smart enough to snatch him up. No one else could put up with me. (Am I really posting that????) I guess it's true. Grateful to have a sweet, hardworking, caring man in my life.
















Stetsyn had to carry his play shotgun everywhere! He was pretty happy that he got to go walking with dad. I think that we were finally able to teach him how to whisper. FINALLY! Every week at church I have struggled with him, but now I say, we have to use our hunting voice and he usually quiets down. YAY!! He gets it!









Stets and I had to wait in the truck on several occassions while dad would walk. We would get bored. Stets took this pic of me holding his play gun.






Look at those brown eyes and those dimples. He is going to get away with alot by playing up those features over the course of his life. (Maybe I shouldn't write that down either!)














Waiting for dad and watching for deer.


















Hunting was not our only hobby, we fished as well.




Dad was pretty patient with us, but we usually got pretty distracted. So, we played with mud, and looked for bugs, and wrote our names in the sand. All in all, a fun pasttime.

































Jax played soccer for the first time. She did really great! She scored 4 goals this season. She got an awesome medal for playing. Plus, they gave her a donut and a drink. I think that was her favorite part! She takes after me - loves the food part!




















Jax lost another tooth, that's 3!!!!!













Dad and Stets built stuff for our new house.


Jax started 1st grade. Crazy that I have a first grader. She is doing so well and we are so proud of her. She loves school! We just went to her first parent teacher and her teacher said that she loved having her in class and that her reading is currently where it should be by the end of the year. She loves to read and I hope she keeps it up!



















We went to a fun concert at the park and got to see Eddie Money and some cool fireworks. My kids were very excited. I love Eddie Money, because Arby liked Eddie Money. I can remember him listening to him when I was probably Jax's age. I have always liked him because of that. So therefore, my kids like Eddie Money too. The only thing that could have made it better is if Uncle Arb would have been there with us. We did get 2 frogs. Their names are Eddie and Money.


















After Grandma was in the hospital in July (is that sad, that I am blogging about July????). Anyhow, we stayed with Uncle Arb for a few days. We got to ride horses and feed Uncle Jan's doagie lambs. Can you say SUPER FUN!!! My kids didn't want to leave. Can't blame them. I didn't want to either.
Then, we went to the Gleave Reunion. It was extra special, because we got to stay with Jan's kids in a tent. Uncle Arb stayed with us too. I won't say that I loved the cold, hard ground. But I did love getting to spend some time with these great kids!!! I love them so much. And in our defense, I would never lead them astray - to do such things as toilet papering, shaking tents, etc. We are innocent!


Hopefully, it won't take me another 4 months to post, but I guess if it does - then it does. I guess the important part is that I am writing it down at some point right? These are great moments! And even now, they make me smile. Just think of the smile and tear they will bring in 10 years, when things have changed, and kids have grown, and people have passed. In 10 years, I won't recall what was even happening in these pictures. So, lets all take the time, to write down a little more. Let's all work towards recording these moments and in return, making this time, and these people, and these places immortal.

2 comments:

melaniea said...

You have such a cute family Tera! You guys look like you have had alot of family fun!! HOpefully we have better luck than you this weekend for the deer hunt :)

The Roundy Clan said...

Hey girl, It is good to see what has been going on up north. I am jealous you went to Mount Rushmore. For some reason that is where we have wanted to go.
love ya

Blog Archive